15 Dec 17 Ways to Utterly Fail Miserably as a Christian Entrepreneur
In the Kingdom of God, it’s not all about how much you make, how much you give, or what you do. It’s about WHO you are becoming, whose you are, and how you work/live.
The Kingdom works from a place of resting and receiving.
The bible tells us that we are “in the world” and not “of the world.”
If that is really true, shouldn’t life and work look really different?
Almost foreign or alien to the world’s way of working and living and doing business?
Here are some of the beliefs that leads many Christian Entrepreneurs to Failure:
- Segment faith and business. Keep your faith for Sundays and mealtime prayers. Keep it separate
- Don’t spend time alone with God in the secret place and develop your intimacy with him
- Only pray for money and increase. Focus on money instead of stewarding hearts
- Never hire a coach. forget about support or wisdom from others because the “Holy Spirit is the only coach you need.”
- Only create content when you feel motivated or inspired
- Don’t ask the Holy Spirit what he wants your business to do and look like
- Don’t Sabbath, don’t rest – Go Go Go, hustle hustle hustle.
- Don’t take care of your health – don’t eat good food, don’t drink water, don’t exercise, don’t go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. Lack discipline
- Focus on being offended or how One of your expectations didn’t line up perfectly with something you invested in or sought out to do = resentment and self-sabotage
- Decide that there is no further revelation or spiritual maturity for you to grow into. You are at the apex of your knowledge, spiritually and practically.
- Assume that selling is manipulative and keep telling yourself that presentations and content are something you can’t do well
- Believe that gifts, signs, miracles, deliverance, and healing are no longer for today.
- Resist Ministry time and people coaching and pouring into you.
- Don’t be part of a regular Christian community of people that are moving in the same direction as you. Do the opposite of what the Bible says and completely forsake fellowship and community.
- Believe the lie that creating content is a waste of time because you can’t guarantee how many people will watch, read, or listen to it.
- Keep all of your best information secrets and tricks only for your paid clients. (if you do this, you stay in scarcity and never step into abundance)
- Allow yourself to feel insecure and defensive when there are more talented and gifted people around you. Instead of taking it as an opportunity to learn, grow, and be grateful.
All right, I hope you enjoyed this it’s a little silly, but in all seriousness, it’s true.
I have clients and customers that take these actions or fail to and wonder why they fail or don’t have the results they want.
The truth is because you are a Christian in business, you can’t do business the same as the world. You’re on a different standard and a different playing field, and it’s time to wake up.
Your business is not supposed to look anything like other businesses in the world. The more submitted and linked up to the Holy Spirt you are, the more clarity you will have in the more direction you will have in business.
The Lord wants to do something amazing through you. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.
If you need help with your business, breakthrough ministry/prayer time, are you need a sounding board to express the vision the Lord has given you for business we’re here to help you.
If you are someone that’s ready to run hard for Jesus in business and discover how to be 100% submitted to a Holy Spirit lead business development process, check out the Glorify God in Business workshop here https://GlorifyGodWorkshop.com
Rev. Ron Gelok III, MBA
P.S. Want to meet and mastermind with other Christ Centered Entrepreneurs and Coaches? Join our Community Here!